Sunday, April 02, 2006

Life

It's been a while since I have posted, and nothing incredibly extraordinary has happened since my last entry. Life has descended into a wonderfully calm, simple routine. Most days I spend at least a little time at the beach.

Ann Marie visited for a week and we had a wonderful time together. We saw some tourist attractions that I've been saving for visitors - the Picasso Museum and the Cathedral, for example.

Midterms have come and gone. I actually prepared more than a day ahead of time, and saw some pretty good results (who knew?!). I have 3 final exams, which don't concern me that much because two of the professors will choose the higher grade (between the midterm and the final) and the third will only test me over the second half of the course because I did well on his midterm. Besides that, I've got two papers to complete before final exams.

Possibilities for travel have started coming up. My friends and I are considering going to Morocco during the end of April, and then I will be going to Germany to visit friends studying there the last week I'm in Europe.

My Spanish, while not as good as I had imagined it would be, is still getting better. I can put complex sentences together fairly easily, using (what I think are) the right verb tenses. Here's one impressive example (translated) that shows just how much I've been applying everything I learned in the classroom:

"Robi - last night Chester ran into my room and was making a strange noise. I have heard it before, so I just thought it was another hairball [yes, I know how to say 'hairball' now]. But, it wasn't. The cat vomited twice on my floor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home