Friday, January 27, 2006

The elusive Mediterranean.

Wednesday, after morning class and with about 6 hours to spare, I decided to head down to the sea - I haven't seen it since the plane landed. So, I picked a road that looked like it was headed downhill and decided I'd take it all the way... I didn't want to get lost because I don't know that neighborhood very well.

About two hours later, all I had found was a "sea" (wordplay) of apartment buildings in an "interesting" (euphamism) neighborhood. I was determined to make it to the Mediterranean, but gave up after every new twist in the street just revealed more apartment buildings.

Luckily, I found a bus that would take me back to Plaza Espanya, where I knew I there was a metro stop. This was my first time above ground in Plaza Espanya, though, and I found out one road out of the Plaza is a gorgeous broad avenue that leads to the National Art Museum of Catalunya, which is a gorgeous palace with a gorgeous view of all of Barcelona.

I didn't find the sea but at least I had a really great time walking around the museum and the nearby Montjuic. Once I find a way to add pictures to my blog, I'll show you why it was so worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home