Thursday, January 19, 2006

First Entry

Barcelona thus far has been wonderful. Our group stayed in a hotel for the first week, and we just recently moved in with our host "families"which are mostly single women. I live with a wonderful divorcé named Robi Nuñez. She has a son and daughter, both of whom live nearby and visit occasionally with their children.

Besides me, Robi only lives with a cat (Chester) and she fusses over us both. I really feel welcome in her home and she does everything she can to make me happy. Chester has become jealous since I moved in - now he's not the only one in the apartment that has pet names. ("Oh mi guapo... mi matito").

Tonight I went to an FC Barcelona game; it was a blast. The stadium has a capicity of 98,000 and pretty much every seat was filled - even around the very top of the stadium where I was sitting. FC won 2-0 and both goals caused a huge roar in the stadium.

My favorite part of the evening was probably when I handed my ticket to the wrong person (a security person standing at an outer gate) and he looked at his friend, smiled, and ripped my ticket anyway. Luckily, I wasn't embarrassed at all becuase it took me until long after I was through the gate to realize I had just been the center of yet another joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home